Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Finding Feed #9

All three methods are easy: the RSS button, the news feed icons and cutting and pasting of blog URL’s. I didn’t really see much difference among those methods.
Feedster is clearly organized and uncluttered. Weighing search results by date or relevancy was useful. I am not enough of a user to know if people find “Feed of the Day” useful. I had fun with the Robert Goulet Superbowl commercial.
Topix.net --four columns made it too cluttered and not as easy to locate info as on Feedster. I think a site is more useful if it includes weblogs. I also didn’t like their little symbol for comments. It made me tired just to look at it.
Syndic8-- While it is uncluttered, I didn’t like the arrangement. I thought that the topics at the top would have been better as tabs. It has much more technical information that I could use.
Technorati --I really liked its layout and found it easy to use. I like the photos.
SEARCH TOOLS:
I am trying to learn some of the Bloglines features. I like the search tool as it is very clear, but the results were not always what I expected.

No comments: