Tuesday, January 16, 2007

RSS feeds & Newsreader #8

I already subscribe to the LCPL and Washington Post RSS feeds. I notice that they are only useful if they are kept up to date.
I set up a Blogline newsfeed account and subscribed to Librarians' Internet Index, a Reader's Club section, Word of the Day and Unshelved. I mainly selected them from the Bloglines popular titles list. You can see them to the right of this blog.
However, I did a Google search to find Unshelved (even thought it was on your list) and then used the copy shotcut on the RSS button to subscribe. Now I can take Unshelved and Librarians' Internet Index out of my browser "favorites". I did request that I receive notifications every 24 hours not more frequently. I addd 3 staff blogs to my account. Thanks for the YouTube directions.
What with email, RSS feeds, ListServe subscriptions, and the County RSAN, I am bombarded with more information than I can read and still do my job. Perhaphs when these can be consolidated on my blog it will be easier.

My public url : http://www.bloglines.com/public/gatorgalswamptromp

No comments: