Day 3
Sometime it is the obvious that people forget to tell you –like the regular branch working hours e.g. most people here work 9:30 – 5:30, not 9 – 5 or 10 – 6 during the day.
The Reference area is so quiet that everyone is a low talker. Today I learned about the localendar.com. It is clever hybrid name of local and calendar. It is used by the departments to give a month’s overview of the desk schedules and exceptions to the usual schedule. Reference is really thinly scheduled: with only 1 branch manager, 1 reference manager, 1 reference librarian and 1 YA librarian + 2 part time reference librarians. Poor Jessica came in briefly and it is obvious that she has not fully recovered.
I also set up Groupwise groups for Ash staff so that I can email a department or everyone in the branch.
I have trouble reading John’s computer screen as it is located under a bank of windows that glare in the afternoon.
The security guard at ASH has switched weekend days with the guard at CAS. He thinks there are more strange customers at Cascades, but he has to deal with more parking issues at Ashburn.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment