Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1, 2007 Day of Discovery

Day One
My key card worked!
The first thing that confronted me even before I walked in the door was two general service workers inspecting the sprinkler system and looking for the P4 electrical panel to reset the breakers in the meeting rooms. We looked at the blue prints in John’s office that were no help whatsoever, and then we walked around the children’s area and found it in the workroom.
Then I walked around the branch and did the meet and greet thing. This is a very friendly and welcoming staff
Brian arrived shortly after that to take John’s CPU to Cascades. He brought mine here after noon. It is comforting to have all my files at my fingertips.
I learned about the ’07 productivity contest from paperwork on John’s desk. I’ll have to find out more about that.
I reviewed the reference desk manual to get familiar with their procedures. ThenI wore out Vivy with questions about the reference desk procedures. She was such a good sport.
I’d like to take the phones with my. What a great system. It makes the ones at Cascades look like the old phones with cranks. Not only can I see who is calling, but I only have to use 4 numbers to dial.
I learned that for regular subs. (not staff who moon light) we only have to fill in their name and County ID number on the timesheets. Payroll can pull up all the info they need with just those 2 things.
Doug came by to see if we made it to the right location.
John left me some workout clothes and shoes. Is that a hint that I need an exercise program?
But I did work from 9 am to 7 pm. This folks really work long hours.

No comments: